About Public Health
The Yates County Public Health Department was established in 1926 by the Yates County Legislature as a partial-service health department. The Department includes two major program areas: Public Health Prevention Services and Special Children’s Services. Environmental Services including regulatory inspections of pools, restaurants and public sewer and water systems are provided to Yates County through the New York State Department of Health District Office located in Geneva New York.
VISION: To bring about a healthier, safer, better informed community.
MISSION: The mission of Yates County Public Health is to promote optimal health for people of all ages through disease prevention, environmental risk reduction, assistance with access to care and facilitation of emergency preparedness through education, policy development and collaboration within our community.
VALUE STATEMENT: With integrity, compassion and commitment to excellence, Yates County Public Health will apply best practices in the prevention of disease, promotion of wellness and response to changing needs of our community.
- Prevents epidemics and the spread of disease
- Protects against environmental hazards
- Prevents injuries
- Promotes and encourages healthy behaviors and mental health
- Responds to disasters and assists communities in recovery
- Assures the quality and accessibility of health services
For more information about Environmental Health Services:
CONTACT: New York State Department of Health District Office in Geneva, NY at 315-789-3030.
Resources for Food Service Establishments:
- New York State Permitting and Licenses
- New York State Food Establishment Inspections Reports
- Guidance for Temporary Food Service Providers and Event Organizers